12-Week online course | Starts September 21.
Inner (R)Evolution is a twelve-week course on the inner science of transforming ourselves and our relationship with the world. The course combines the wisdom and meditative techniques of the ancient contemplative traditions of Buddhism and Daoism with the insights of modern psychology, neuroscience and philosophy. The experience takes place within a community of practice and support using a microsolidarity framework.
How can we stay centred, grounded and balanced in the face of an increasingly complex and overwhelming world? How can we cultivate a mindset of friendliness, care and compassion towards ourselves and others? How can we understand ourselves better and become more mindful, compassionate and wise? How can we bring more awareness into all areas of our lives? How can we make the process of self-exploration and transformation into a continuous and sustainable path? And, importantly, how can we walk this path together and support and care for each other along the way?
These and others are the guiding questions of the Inner (R)Evolution Course – a twelve week journey of deep inner exploration and transformation. We will take inspiration from a variety of sources, ranging from the ancient wisdom of Buddhism and Daoism to the modern insights of psychology, neuroscience and philosophy. Together we will explore various methods that can support us on the path of self-discovery. Among them are meditation, contemplation, mindful movement, dialogue practice, reflective writing, peer coaching and group exchange. The entire experience is embedded in a community of support and care.
The content and tone of the course are influenced and inspired by a variety of traditions and disciplines and from my personal experiences gained from
- studying psychology, neuroscience and philosophy
- years of practicing meditation, Yoga, Qigong and Taichi
- studying Buddhist and Daoist psychology and philosophy
- time spent on meditation retreats
- teaching courses on mindfulness, inner science and mind-body medicine
- leading and taking part in mutual support and microsolidarity groups
- my work as a facilitator, coach and mediator
- exploring breathwork and plant medicine
Some aims of the course are to
- Find greater inner calm, balance and well-being
- Cultivate a mindset of self-care, self-acceptance and self-compassion
- Train your attention, mindfulness and meta-cognition
- Learn the theory and practice of various kinds of meditation
- Establish a sustainable meditation practice
- Learn the fundamentals of Qigong
- Cultivate wholesome habits, behaviour and world-view
- Bring more awareness into all areas of your life
- Understand stress and systematically let go of it
- Learn to maintain a healthy relationship with digital devices and (social) media
- Identify personal challenges and turn them into opportunities for growth
- Learn to relate more authentically with yourself and others
- Learn to regulate your emotions and become more resilient
- Find a deeper sense of gratitude, meaning and joy
- Become a conscious creator of your life
The Inner (R)Evolution is about…
- deepening our ability to sense and feel
- befriending our mind and body
- letting go of self-judgement and self-hatred
- approaching ourselves and others with friendliness, gentleness and tenderness
- allowing and accepting what is (especially when it feels uncomfortable)
- embracing and practicing silence and stillness
- letting our minds and bodies settle in their natural state of relaxation, safety and ease
- seeing and letting go of harmful mental patterns, destructive emotions and trauma
- cultivating benevolence, compassion, joy and equanimity
- moving from thinking to feeling
- getting out of our heads and coming to our senses
- practicing generosity, collaboration and a mindset of abundance
- un-learning, de-programming and letting go of things we think we know
- surrendering, yielding and letting go
- having our feet on the ground and our head in the clouds
- systematicity, sustainability and lasting change
- non-doing, non-reactivity and non-identification
- discovering objectivity within subjectivity
- establishing healthy boundaries
- supporting each other on the path
- setting our inner compass clearly towards understanding and wisdom
- self-discipline, committment and continous practice
- deveoloping enthusiasm and inspiration
- understanding our physiology and nervous system
- deepening our relationship with ourselves
- discovering compassion as our natural state of being
- showing each other our blindspots which, by definition, we cannot see alone
- embodying our highest truth and living our full potential
- being here and now
The Online Course Experience
Live Interactive Sessions
Community of practice and support
The course is embedded in a community of practice and support. Join participants from around the world who are embarking on the same journey of self-discovery. You’ll have opportunities to connect to like-minded people and develop a network of support to carry your inner journey forward.
Community learning platform
You will have access to a private online space to connect with the facilitator and other students through an online platform. Each week new learning materials will be uploaded to the space, including guided meditations, texts and exercises. You’ll also be able to watch previously recorded sessions.
The course features various meditations and contemplations, lectures, deep listening exercises, peer coaching methods, Qigong, dialogues in large and small groups and reflective writing exercises. An essential part of the course is the the community platform and the microsolidarity framework which involves peer group calls. To get the most benefit from the course daily practice is highly recommended. The total time commitment for live-sessions, peer group calls and practice at home is about 6 hours per week. The course language is English. It is suitable both for beginners with little previous meditation experience as well as experienced meditators who want to deepen their practice. All you have to bring is an open mind and some curiosity 🙂
About the facilitator
Nicolas studied psychology, neuroscience and philosophy in Bristol, Madrid and Berlin and is a certified coach and mediator. He worked in academic science, university, schools, hospitals and non-profits. He worked within the ReSource Project, one of the largest longitudinal studies on the effects of meditation at the Max-Planck-Institute for Human, Cognition and Brain Sciences and designed and taught an experimental inner science university course at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain at Humboldt-University. This course formed the basis for the present Inner (R)Evolution course. Besides Western science and philosophy his passion lies in the path of ancient contemplative traditions. He studied Buddhist and Daoist psychology and philosophy and practiced extensively in the fields of meditation, Yoga, Qigong, Taichi, breathwork and plant medicine.
His current work focusses on integrating the wisdom of ancient contemplative traditions with the insights of modern science and technology with the ultimate goal of creating a true first-person science of consciousness and raising our collective level of awareness. Towards this goal he teaches courses on inner science and meditation, gives talks on psychology and philosophy, coaches individuals and teams and is currently stewarding the Mindlab Institute for Inner Science and Regeneration, an organisation focussed on consciousness research, -education and -culture.
The live zoom-sessions will take place weekly on Wednesdays from 19:00 – 21:30 from September 21st until December 7th. The sessions usually last 2,5 hours, the first, eigth and last session last 3 hours. The sessions will be recorded so that you can rewatch them if you miss a date.
- Week 1: (R)evolution is an inside job (3 hours)
- Week 2: Setting up your inner laboratory
- Week 3: Whatever the question, community is the answer
- Week 4: Ancient hypotheses
- Week 5: Letting go
- Week 6: You are the love of your life!
- Week 7: You are what you do
- Week 8: Mindfulness day (3 hours)
- Week 9: Boundaries
- Week 10: Authentic relationships
- Week 11: Taking the fruit as the path
- Week 12: Harvesting, outlook and aftercare (3 hours)
Experiences from past participants
“It was a wonderful experience to participate in Nicki’s course. Nicki is a warm, attentive and inspiring host who created a space with humour and ease where I felt safe and comfortable. I received a broad overview of various meditation techniques, traditional as well as modern scientific backgrounds and was able to learn a lot for myself. The weekly gathering in a fixed group has helped me to establish my own routine in my meditation practice. I was looking forward to the interaction with each other every week and benefited from the group exchange. I can warmly recommend anyone who wants to deal with themselves and meditation to participate in this course!”
If you are interested in participating send me a message using the contact form at the bottom of the page. I will then contact you tohave a short preliminary conversation. This serves to clarify questions and expectations and determine whether the course is right for you.
The energy exchange for this course is pay-what-feels-right. This means that there is no fixed price but you give according to your means and the value you got from the course. More important than the amount you give is the commitment you bring to the course. If you are uncertain what to give, we will talk about potential approaches to that question at the end of the course.
Get in touch
To apply or if you have any questions regarding the course write me a message using the contact form below. I will get back to you as soon as possible.